Best (and Worst) Airports and Airlines to Fly This Labor Day
Labor Day weekend is a time for celebration, relaxation, and, for many, the perfect opportunity to travel. As terminals swell with bustling travelers, airports transform into a hive of activity, with employees working overtime to deliver passengers to their destinations.
Which airports are the best (and worst) at managing the uptick in arrivals and departures? Which airlines leave passengers waiting for take off? Read on to discover the best places to fly and the best airlines to take you there so you can enjoy a smoother travel experience this Labor Day weekend.
- On average, 20% of JetBlue Airways flights are delayed during Labor Day weekend.
- Only 9% of Delta Air Lines flights and 6% of Hawaiian Airlines flights are delayed during Labor Day weekend, on average.
- Spirit Airlines had the highest average cancellation rate during Labor Day weekend.
- JetBlue Airways had the highest average diversion rate during Labor Day weekend.
- Hawaiian Airlines had the lowest cancellation and diversion rates during Labor Day weekend.
- Across all airports, an average of 85% of departures were on time, while 13% faced delays.
- The airports with the most delayed departures during Labor Day weekend are:
- Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport, Puerto Rico (SJU)
- Newark Liberty International Airport, New Jersey (EWR)
- Dallas Love Field Airport, Texas (DAL)
- The airports with the most on-time departures during Labor Day weekend are:
- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport, Hawaii (HNL)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, Minnesota (MSP)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Washington (SEA)
Price4Limo collected Labor Day travel data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. When researching airlines, we averaged Labor Day weekend data from 2017 through 2022. When researching airports, we examined the 50 most-traveled airports during Labor Day weekend from 2019 through 2022.
Price4Limo is your ultimate destination for all your transportation needs. With over 20 years of experience, we offer affordable and personalized service for limousines, party buses, charter buses, and more.
Fair Use Statement
If you want to share this information with someone who might be looking to fly this Labor Day, feel free to do so. We just ask that your purposes are non-commercial and that you include a link to this article.